Things some are willing to do...

Drug addiction is not something I have never had to deal with.  It is something I have never wanted to mess with.  Some people are willing to do ANYTHING for their drugs and I mean ANYTHING!  I see it quite often.

For example, one of the inmates was having a visit with his mother.  She had brought in drugs for him and was caught.  I am sure you can probably guess how they were brought in.  I don't want to be too graphic, but the nickname I have often heard is natures purse.  Well, when they were caught, the man decided to dispose of it, by swallowing it.  That's right, he swallowed what his mother had brought in from an area most people want nothing to do with.  I don't know about you, but as much as I love my mom, no way would I do something like that.  I don't want to be THAT close to her.  Ugh.  Anyway, he was put on defecation watch until it came out 12 hrs later so it did him no good anyway.

Another couple of guys were caught with chewing tobacco that was brought in from another inmate using the same method.  While another officer was talking to them she asked it they realized where it came from.  Their answer was yes, but it was wrapped in plastic wrap.  She reminded them that liquid can still seep in from plastic wrap.  Gives a whole new meaning to butt chewing, doesn't it?