It's called prison for a reason

I was working in medical the other day and had three inmates being housed there.  One in particular seemed to think I was there to wait on him hand and foot.  He kept calling for me or pushing his button that sets off an alarm (nobody ever uses that thing!) and insisting I come immediately no matter what I was doing at the time.  He would call me for every little thing.  One of the times, he wanted me to let him out of his cell to wonder around the area.  I explained that that was something I could not do.  He became very angry and said he was tired of sitting in his cell.  All I could think was well, ya.  It's not a hotel.  It is called prison for a reason.  You made terrible choices that got you here and now you have to deal with the consequences.

When I told him again that I wasn't going to let him out, he said he was going to break out and began hitting his head against the window.  These are windows in prison.  They are meant to take a beating and still not break.  He eventually figured out that the only thing he was accomplishing was giving himself a headache.

He continued to whine and cry all night, including about a headache, but he no longer insisted I let him out.  He obviously isn't the brightest light bulb in the bunch but at least he figured that much out.  Some never do.